Keeps your stress at bay. Ha. I’m a poet.
See below for fun stuff. Not just parties, some learnin’ & exercising too. Yes, I know it’s long but I had to make up for my dismal performance last week and inexcusable omission of the three 6 mafia.
As usual, asterisks indicate my attendance. Come with!
· Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant: (old Real World House) Prize giveaways, tequila tasting, free dos equis, free shots of cuervo, drink specials, food specials
· Midweek Austin Farmers Market: fresh food, chef demos, kids activities, live music, and more every week, rain or shine. Wednesdays, 4-8pm. The Triangle, 46th Street, between Guadalupe & Lamar. Free. www.austinfarmersmarket.org **
· Acro Yoga: Acrobatics and yoga with a partner, Whole foods downtown, 6:30 p.m, free
· Guy Clark, Texas Union Ballroom, Austin, $32.00
· Jitterbug Vipers, 7:00pm, Lambert’s, no cover
· Third Thursday on Guadalupe, Live music and the crafts of local artisans. Guadalupe between 28th and 38th. Free. www.austinthirdthursday.com **
· Hal Ketchum, 8:00pm, Gruene Hall, Gruene
· W.C. Clark, 8:00pm, Saxon Pub
· Free NIA workshop. 1pm – 2:30, JoyMoves. http://www.joymoves.com/events
· Art of Dream Interpretation: 2pm. Austin Eckankar Center, 223 W. Anderson Ste. B-206, 453-0331. Free. www.eckankar-texas.org
· Cuba Meets Brazil: Cultural Community Music brings together the afro-Cuban habanero of Buscando el Monte and Brazilian forró and coco of Seu Jacinto. Classic Latin grooves spun all night. Sat., Sept. 20, 9pm. Victory Grill, 1104 E. 11th, 228-4877. $7. EAST SIIIIIIIIDE (will probably attend b/c it sounds v. cool but not 100%. Can also explore bars in area) **
· Pecan Street Festival: 15 blocks of festival shenanigans. Sat., Sept. 20, 11am-10pm; Sun., Sept. 21, 11am-8pm. East Sixth Street from I-35 to Brazos, 443-6179. Free. www.oldpecanstreetfestival.com
· Screenprinting Skillshare: Just e-mail to RSVP, bring a shirt and learn a new skill for free. Sat., Sept. 20, 2pm. 1720 E. 12th. Free. email@example.com www.skillshareaustin.org **** ß whee! Lets make t shirts
Born to Lose CD release party, Red Eyed Fly
· Jitterbug Vipers, 8:00pm, Momo’s, $5 door
· Ani Difranco, Stubbs
· Nataraja Ecstatic Dance: Come and dance your body electric. Sundays, 7:30pm. Khabele Studio, 701 W. Seventh, 832-6011. $6 (free, first-timers). www.natarajadance.com ****
· Pecan Street Festival: Again ***
· Bruce Robison, 8:00pm, Threadgill’s World HQ, $10, XM Radio Show Taping ***
Other Discounts/Fun Stuff:
· 10% off any services at pep boys: http://f.chtah.com/i/21/2014091075/090808_Email_coupon_03a.pdf
· Kidbits, for those with progeny: http://austinkidbits.gotidbits.com/
Fitness Train: ——————————
Austin Oyster Adventure Race: Teams of three or six run-bike-scoot-skate-trek-climb-paddle (and other crazy stuff) their way around the city: www.oysterracingseries.com/Austin-Home/home.aspx.
Rogue Running is hosting a couple of fun free runs this month.
On Saturday, Sept. 27, anyone can join in a Taco Run. Coaches will lead runners on 7 or 10-mile runs at 7 a.m.; or 3 and 5 mile runs starting at 7:30 a.m. Afterward, Tacodeli will provide free breakfast tacos.
On Sunday, Sept. 28, it’s the same routine, only instead of tacos, participants get free popsicles.
Lululemon is hosting a seven-week series of free outdoor yoga classes at 6:30 p.m. every Wednesday beginning Sept. 17 at the Whole Foods downtown outdoor pavilion at 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
The classes will feature a live disc jockey. Extra mats will be available for those who don’t have one. Cold water and lemonade also will be provided. Please bring your own bottle to help avoid unnecessary waste. The line-up includes:
Sept. 17 – Acro Yoga: Acrobatics and yoga with a partner
Sept. 24 — Hip Hop Yoga: Hip Hop tunes are cranked up
Oct. 1 – Doga Yoga: Bring your pooch on a leash
Oct. 8 – Criss Cross Yoga: A strengthening CrossFit workout followed by yoga
Oct. 15 – Dude Yoga: Calling all men
Oct. 22 – Tantric Yoga: Yoga for better sex!
Oct. 29 – Halloween Yoga: Wear your best costume!