Party Train… Caboose… Get it? Insert groans here.
Alright, here’s the skinny. First, on camping. October 13th is columbus day. Kids have that day off so all camping for that weekend has been reserved since early September. I am out of town on Oct 18th. Working with inks lake to see if there is a good unbooked weekend. Will keep you posted.
· Restaurant.com has 50% off gift certificates. That means you get a $25 GC for $5. Just read the fine print. Usually have to spend $35 and it cant be applied towards alcohol. Ive used these at places like zoot, clay pit and gumbos. Google restaurant.com coupon code and then apply it at shopping cart.
· Informalclasses.org – take classes on anything you want through this UT system. Taught by subject matter experts – usually pretty cheap. Taken gourmet appetizers, native American mythology and hip hop aerobics – all great.
· Austin Entertainment Guide. All museums, fam activities, nature stuff, etc: http://www.austinmetro.com/activities.html
Wed, Oct 1
· Theology on Tap, Mother Egans
· REI, Map and Compass Clinic, REI will present a clinic aimed at the newcomer to map and compass. covers the basics such as understanding map symbols, orienting the map and compass, triangulation, declination adjustment, and reading terrain features. Participants are encouraged to bring their own compasses.
· Farmers Market, The Triangle
· Movie in the park, 8:30, Republic Square Park. Road to Psychedelia by Scott Conn From the 1960s folk scene to the opening of the first psychedelic venue in Texas, from peyote to LSD, from a folk singing Janis Joplin to the 13th Floor Elevators, this documentary tells of the evolution of the counter culture in Austin. Includes footage of social activism (love-ins) that took place in the downtown historic parks including Wooldridge and Republic Square
· Eric Tessmer Band, Antones
Thursday, Oct 2
· First Thursdays! South Congress, drinks and booths and walking around Austin fun.
· The Steps – ACL Sound and Jury Winner
· Makeovers and Martinis, $10 – Cuba Libre
Friday, Oct 3
· Guy Forsyth, Nutty Brown, bluesy
· Gary Allan, Stubbs, country
Saturday, Oct 4
· ND Gamewatch, BD Rileys, YES we will still get NBC ** 1:30 vs. stanford
· Alan Haynes, One to One, blues
· Bruce Robison, Broken Spoke, texas country
· KidzAustin fall festival – I’m volunteering there, 9 am *
Sunday, Oct 5
· Chicken Sh!t Bingo, Ginnys Little Longhorn
7 pm, REI, Join staff from the Koala Sports Medicine Center to learn the essential components of healthy running.
October 11th, 12th
REI, Guided hikes are open to the public and are on the second Saturday and second Sunday of each month (except when holidays conflict).
October 12-15 and 19-22
Austin Restaurant Week! Celebrating Austins best restaurants. Three courses for either $25 or $35 and you can pick a different restaurant for eight total nights. Choose from more than 50 of the city’s hottest spots