Hey party people –
To make up for the last couple of weeks, this one seems to be jampacked with all kinds of fabulous things to do. Asterisks indicate attendance.
Yours in obsessive overplanning,
· The Guess Who, One World Theater
· Movie Mondays at the Belmont: 7:30 pm “Ghostbusters” screens as part of the weekly Monday Margaritas and Movies event. $2 frozen margaritas from 5 to 9 p.m., as well as free admission and $5.50 loaded nachos. (*have meeting before but may go)
· HAAM Benefit Day, see attached schedule of music. Lots of good people. http://www.healthallianceforaustinmusicians.org/
· Asylum St. Spankers, 5:00pm, Waterloo Records w/Derailers
· Air hockey tournament at Dirty Dog
· Kevin Fowler, Hills Café, free
· The presidents of the USA, Stubbs
· Glenlivet Whiskey Tasting, Opal Divines
· Austin Farmers Market, Triangle
· Shiny Toy guns, the parish
· We the kings, emos
· Teen Witch Sing A Long, Alamo Ritz *
· James Hand, 6:00pm, Saxon Pub
· Patrice Pike, Amplify’s Palm Valley Branch, Round Rock10/09/08
· Uncle Lucius, 12:30am, Saxon Pub,$5 door
· Eric Tessmer, 10:00pm, One-2-One Bar
· Kat Edmonson, Eddie Vs, 8 pm
· Skyrocket, Hanovers, Pflugerville
· Free Country dance lessons and half price drinks at graham central station, Pflugerville *
· Shrek, Movies at Mueller Lake Park Amphitheater
· I love you, youre perfect, now change, the hideout, musical “celebration” of modern day dating game, The Hideout
· Saturday Morning Cartoon Cereal Party, Alamo, heman, care bears, jem, pajamas and cereal. Bring your own spoon
· Cat power, Stubbs
· 22nd Annual Gruene Music and Wine Fest, Texas Tastings and Tunes, http://www.gruenemusicandwinefest.org/saturday.html, $20 *
· Carolyn Wonderland, Nutty Brown
· Widespread Panic, the Backyard
· Grupo Fantasmo, Antones
· Say Hi, Mohawk
· TX Rollergirls, convention center
· Austin Restaurant Week Begins, http://www.restaurantweekaustin.com/
· Second Sunday Sock Hop, Scoot Inn
· Chicken Sh!t Bingo
· Seussical the Musical, the paramount
· So you think you can dance tour, frank Erwin center
Big Lots 20% off your entire purchase coupon: http://www.biglots.com/coupon/buzzclubcoupon.aspx
Great Happy Hours
· 4 to 7 p.m. Mondays-Fridays,
· Food specials: Appetizers from the dinner menu are half-price, landing most of them in the $4.25 to $5 range. Choices include smoked salmon crostini, crispy soft-shell crab, ahi tuna tartare, Prince Edward Island mussels, a jumbo lump crab and avocado salad and an antipasto platter.
· Drink specials:20 percent off cocktails and wines by the glass.
· Happy hour:5 to 9 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 5 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, 6 to 9 p.m. Sundays.
· Food specials:Appetizers from each of the six themed menus are half-off (plus 50 cents), which puts many of them in the $4 to $6 range. Highlights include chipotle mac and cheese, seafood beignets, calamari steak fingers, beef carpaccio and six kinds of mini burgers.
· Drink specials: Martinis start at $5. Select wine flights from up-and-coming producers are $12 for five 2-ounce tastes. Draft beer is $1 off.
McCormick & Schmick’s
· Happy hour:4 to 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close Tuesdays-Fridays, 4 to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays, 5 p.m. to close Sundays, 4 p.m. to close Mondays.
· Food specials:Four choices each in four price categories. The $1.95 menu includes a half-pound cheeseburger with fries. For $2.95, spinach and artichoke dip and buffalo wings join the fray. At $3.95, seafood clocks in with four dishes, including Chilean sea bass ceviche. And for $4.95, choose from a lamb gyro, pulled-pork sliders, Baja fish tacos and fried calamari. There’s also a $1.95 dessert menu. There’s a $2.50 minimum drink purchase per person.
· Drink specials: The restaurant always offers $5.50 homemade sangria, $5.95 Tito’s Handmade Vodka martinis, $3.50 pints of Bud and red and white Concha Y Toro wines for $5.50.