Hello Party Train Elves:
Anyone else shocked that the holidays are here? It seems just yesterday it was 80 degrees outside….wait, it was! 🙂 I plan on using my fireplace at least twice this year so it better get cold quick!
Some good stuff going on this week and lots of randomness – make sure to scroll to the bottom for various activities, free movie rentals, and some sweet shopping deals.
Here’s something silly I found on wireddeals. Personalize a song for someone: Follow this link and enter your email address and a code for a free song will be sent to you immediately. Check “no” for receiving optional offers so you won’t be put on their mailing list. You basically enter the name of the person you want to send it to and provide a few custom answers to fit their personality, then a customized song will be created and emailed to them (on the date you choose). You can preview and edit the song before sending it.
Yours in peppermint kisses and too much eggnog,
P.S. Send me addresses for Christmas Cards. I’m trying to get these things out early this year. I think some people were confused when they got them on Valentine’s day last year….
Tuesday, December 9th
· Drink Local, The Monarch, 6pm: Drink Local Night a celebration of locally made spirits, http://www.austin360.com/event/events2/etc/www.edibleaustin.com/eatlocalweek,Free
· David Banner, Bun B, Austin Music Hall
· Patrice Pike and Joy Davis, Momos
· Handel’s Messiah, Riverbend Center
· Jo Hell and the Red Roosters, Bling Pig Pub
· Birds Barbershops Christmas Party at the Mohawk
Wednesday December 10th
· Free Cupcake! Sugar Mama’s on S. 1st is having a canned food drive tomorrow from Noon – 8PM. Bring in a couple of cans, walk out with a free cupcake.http://thisislifeinaustin.com/2008/12/09/sugar-mamas-free-cupcakes-dec-10-12-8pm/, Tomorrow’s menu: http://www.sugarmamasbakeshop.com/menu.asp
· South Austin Jug band, Momos
· Spazmatcis, Cedar Street
· Brendan James, Stubbs
Thursday, December 11th
· Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis, Paramount Theater
· Low Cash Thursdays, Lamberts
· 101x Christmas Party @ emos: Ting Tings, Eagles of Death metal, Black and White Years, $25. Http://www.krox.com/concerts/Details.aspx?ID=11152
· Toys for Tots Benefit with the Gourds, The Mohawk
· Fine food and Art Benefit Night, Curated One Night Show with Texas Artists and Fine food, benefits Urban Roots http://www.edibleaustin.com/eatlocalweek
· Xmas Boat Cruise for Singles: www.austinpartycruises.com: last minute shopping, music, drinks, food and a fun time with Austin Party Cruises. Guest vendors, chair massages, free appetizers, 1st drink $1.00 with paid admission, cash bar and LIVE music on a double decker boat with A/C. Come make new friends and meet other singles from other singles groups.
Friday December 12th
· The Sounds, Black and White Years, La Zona Rosa
· Austin Art Garage Show: http://www.austinartgarage.com/
Saturday December 13th
· Santa Rampage: Dress like santa or his elves, pub crawl and sing dirty Christmas carols. **
· White Ghost Shivers, Stubbs
· The Gourds, antones
· Singing Sirens: Benefit for Safeplace, Patrice Pike, Bellydancing, http://gfiremusic.com/
· Nutcracker, The Long Center
· Old Town Holiday Stroll, Pflugerville, http://www.austin360.com/calendar/events2/etc/www.cityofpflugerville.com/stroll
· Trail of lights 5k
· Kevin Fowler, Midnight Rodeo
Sunday December 14th
· Eliza Gilkyson & Jimmy Lafave, The Cactus Café, 8 pm **
· Gospel Brunch, Stubbs
· Red Light Holiday Burlesqu Show, Continental Club,
· Jerry Jeff Walker, Gruene Hall
· Skyrocket, Momos
· Seafood & Meat Paella Sundays at Vino Vino, 7ish **
· Second Sunday Sock Hop, the Parish
· MADD Jingle Bell 5k
Fun Groups to Join in the New Year
Austin Prank Mob: One Random prank a month. Think huge pillow fights, pretending you live in Ikea, etc.
ATX Riderz: Bike Pub Crawls
Austin Sailing Society: No boat? Don’t know how to sail? Just like the idea? You’re in. http://austinsailingsociety.com
Shop til you Drop:
Armadillo Christmas Bazaar: http://armadillobazaar.com/, Dec 12th – Dec 24th, GREAT music lineup: http://armadillobazaar.com/
Keep Austin Bizarre Bazaar: http://www.keepaustinbizarre.com/, Dec 12th – Dec 23rd,
Blue Genie Bazaar: http://www.bluegenieart.com/art_bazaar_event.html
Ice Skating at Whole Foods
The Santaland Diaries, written by David Sedaris, Zach Scott Theater
Trail of lights
12 Cocktails of Christmas at Eddie Vs and Roaring Fork
Holiday Ballet: Nutcracker at the Long Center
Eat local week: http://www.edibleaustin.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=144&Itemid=157
Getting Coal for Christmas?
Coats, Cans & Corks: gently used coats and nonperishable food items http://www.yhpaa.org/_wsn/page12.html 6-8pm. Daily Grill
Free Redbox Rental at Walmart Redbox using these codes:
Week 2 – 11moms4uA (good Sunday 12/14 only)
Week 3 – 11moms4uN (good Sunday 12/21 only)
Week 4 – 11moms4uT (good Sunday 12/28 only)
Week 5 – 11moms4uA (good Sunday 1/4 only)
New Clothes! Wednesday, Dec 10th, ALL Banana Republic stores will be running 40% OFF ALL REGULAR PRICED MERCHANDISE for 1 DAY ONLY 12/10.
Use this LINK to print an IN STORE coupon to get 20% off $100+ (have to use VISA).
Coupon code for kohls: my30off. 30% off Kohls Stuff