Because sometimes I’m not perfect. Then again, who likes perfect people anyway. Jerks.
StealDeal: 25% off Banana Republic
Use code “TAKE25″*Offer valid on markdown merchandise only. Valid only on January 22, 2009 from 12:01 AM ET through 11:59 PM ET on Banana Republic merchandise purchased online. http://www.bananarepublic.com/
Sunday Funday: You can now choose from three awesome things every Sunday!!
1. Chicken shhhh bingo. Duh. BYOB and free chili dogs
2. Cover 3s build your own bloody mary bar. Choose vodka, pick from several mixes and hot sauce add ins. Garnishes include celery, jalapenos, stuffed olives, blue cheese, pickled veggies. Holy yum. My mouth is watering
3. Rusty Spurs (gay friendly east side country bar) Beer and Beef: 5pm to 9pm – “Bring your Meat” BBQ: You bring what you want grilled up, and we’ll provide the big screens, grills, cooks, sides and all the fixin’s for a super yummy meal! Tip the cook and it’ll go to your favorite local charities! http://www.therustyspurs.com/
Dodgeball on Ice:
Chaparral Ice (Northcross Mall)
$10.00 – members / $12.00 – non-members
Hill Country Outdoors’ Return of Dodgeball on Ice features a fun-filled evening of mayhem and madness! We’ll split into two teams, pelt each other into oblivion and the last one standing – wins. Then we’ll start it all over again.
Meet us at The Veranda restaurant, which is right in Northcross Mall, at 9pm for a little “liquid courage” and then we’ll back over there after the game to lick our wounds and tell tall tales of the mighty battle that just ensued.
They’ll supply the balls and helmets. I strongly suggest long pants, tennis shoes and elbow/knee pads if you got ’em. Sign-up on the website & more information will be sent to you. This is a prepaid event (you must pay when signing up).
Gary Clark Jr. At Antones
Austin International Folk Dancers’ Party
811 E 41st
Austin International Folk Dancers’ Party features line and partner dances from around the world. We will teach a number of easy dances for both novices and experienced dancers. No partner required. 7:30-8:15 pm Teaching and walk throughs. 8:15-9:30 pm Request dancing. 9:30-9:45 pm Contra / announcements. 9:45-10:45 pm Request dancing., 10:45-11 pm Clean up.
2009 Prohibition Party
1404 West Avenue, Austin TX 78701
2009 Prohibition Party features food, open bar, and music. Enjoy contests for Most Glamorous, Most Dashing, Best Flapper, Best Bootlegger, and Charleston Dance for awards. Costumes are welcome but not required. Otherwise, cocktail attire is requested. There will be a coat check. 100% of the proceeds will go to The Lone Star Paralysis Foundation. (http://lonestarparalysis.org/)
Hill Country Outdoors’ Chili Cook-Off and Redneck Olympics
11:00am – 4:00pm
Zilker Park Polo Fields
2100 Barton Springs Dr
Hill Country Outdoors’ Chili Cook-Off and Redneck Olympics! Come show off your culinary skills and enter your best bowl of red. Cool prizes for the winners, and we need lots of tasters. For the”redneck olympics”, enjoy horseshoes, washers, and kickball. Hear live music from a special guest TBA (Hint: he knows a thing or two about good chili).
A few guidelines you may want to follow if you plan on entering the cook-off:
1. You can cook your chili beforehand, or on-site the day of if you want. If you want to make it at the park, please bring your own cooking gear,fuel, heat etc. None will be provided. We will have electricity on-site though if you just need to keep your chili warm in a crock-pot, etc. And, I’ll bring a couple of spare burners and propane tanks.
2. Setup will begin at 11am. All entries must be turned in for judging by 1pm. Winners will be announced at 2pm. Prizes will be awarded for the top 2 chilis and a showmanship award for the best costume, theme, setup, etc., so get creative and silly!
3. We suggest each contestant make at least a half-gallon of chili, so everyone can have a taste.
4. You can use whatever ingredients, but we’ll be judging on the following 4 criteria: * Color – more brown than red, * Consistency – think “stew” consistency, * Aroma, * Flavor