Hi Darlings –
I threw this together. By no means comprehensive but there is some good stuff going on. Burlesque, the boss, wakeboarding downtown. Crawfish festival, Madeleine Peyroux or B scene art party. Never say you don’t have alternatives in this town.
**Note: I’ve noticed that my sites aren’t always accurate. For example, Lez Zeppelin is April 29th, not March 29th. Please double check the event before you build your night around it. **
In a related story, this is very definitely happening – get tix for the ultimate michael Jackson tribute band next thurs at LZR. I think it will be hilarious. Go look at the bands website: http://www.whosbadmusic.com. Amazing. Come and wear one glove – All the music, none of the supporting the kiddydiddler.
Also, in case you missed in on another PT, www.frugalfeaster.com is where it’s at. If you want cheap food any day of the week, this is where to find it.
Off to Atlantic City – Hold down the fort for me. I hear you can play tic tac toe against a chicken at one of the casinos. I think I owe it to my chicken sh!t bingo friends to check out another fowl-based game of chance.
Yours in southwest drink vouchers and armrest wars,
· Buenos Aires – Delightful food, medium price, south Austin service…Empanadas are little treasures
· Dragon Boat Racing – work for dell? Want to get out on the water every Saturday morning? Did this two years ago and it was totally fun.
· Barflys – Ok it’s not new, but the drinks are strong and the jukebox is fab. Just do it. 51st and Airport.
· Betty Crockers Bake and Fill: Its this crazy set of pans that helps you make layer or fill cakes. I made an awesome ice cream cake the other night and it was incredibly easy. Mix, pour, bake, freeze. · Baby Greens: Free lemonade or tea after 2. Healthy fast food. Crazy concept…
· Mikes Pub – Burgers are apparently the best hangover food in town
· House Wine – Sunday morning they will pour half price glasses of whatever bottles they didn’t finish the night before. Go in sat, order something ridiculous then reap the rewards of good planning Sunday morning.
· Cru – Just found out that in addition to their 1/3 off wine Sunday, they have 40% off if you carry it out, a sweet a$$ happy hour with half price apps AND 50% off select champagnes on Thursday
· Sambits – Friends bought crawfish there for their bugs and beer party. They were delicious and apparently cheaper than anyplace in town.
· Sagra – All you can eat mussels on Tuesdays, $3 peroni on Tuesdays
· Taverna – Half price bottles of wine with entrée purchase on Tuesdays
· Get $25 off a 2-night hotel stay at an Expedia Special Rate Property (hotel only or package booking). Just use coupon code FOOLUS09 during checkout
· Ralph Lauren and Rugby.com offer 30% off during their Friends & Family Sale online using coupon code RLSP2009 through April 14..
· Free Bagel Poppers from Einstein Bagels with any drink purchase. Through 4/14
· Free Shipping at overstock.com: http://bit.ly/kPXn
· 25% off borders: http://tinyurl.com/cqx7vz
· 30% off any 3 Allure Best of Beauty winners at Drugstore.com: http://tinyurl.com/cvjsam (Plus free shipping when > $25)
Backwoods Ladies Night — Free Stuff, drinks, other outdoor ladies 6-8pmJoin BACKWOODS at their Hill Country Galleria store for Ladies Night! Grab your mom, sister or a girlfriend for free appetizers, wine, discounts and giveaways on great outdoor apparel and gear. Each “Outdoor Diva” will receive a discount and opportunities to win prizes from BACKWOODS, Mountain Hardwear, Lole and Carve throughout the night.
Every Wednesday: Rock the 80s at Speakeasy
Double coupon day at Sun Harvest
Gary P Nunn, Aces
Grand Hotel, Cedar Street
Spike & Mikes, Alamo
The Alice Rose, Mohawk
Cienfuegos, Ruta Maya
Guy Forsyth, Continental
James McMurtry, Continental
Kitty Kitty Bang Bang Burlesque, Emos
Monte Montgomery, Saxon Pub
Leonard Cohen, Long Center
Justin Timberlake Sing A Long, Alamo
Stephen Lynch, Paramount
Ian McClagan, Lucky Lounge
Mickey & the motorcars, Antones
Patrice Pike, Momos
Leonard Cohen, Long Center
B Scene Art Party, Blanton
Lord of the Rings Master Pancake
Dogfish Heads Off Film Festival: Beer Tasting and Vintage Beer Commercials at Alamo lake creek
Block party at 12th and Lamar this Sunday, April 5th, from 1 – 4 p.m. open house for the shops and restaurants in the area. All party-goers will receive a discount card through August 31st, good for all participating retailers
Brothers and Sisters, Continental Club
T Bird & The Breaks, City Hall Plaza
The strange attractors, club deville
Slightly Stoopid, Waller Creek Stubbs
Urban Music Festival, Dell Sponsored, Family event. Yes, Boyz 2 Men will be featured along with the Sugar Hill Gang.
Jerry Seinfeld, Bass Cioncert Hall
Run Austin Run 4k
40 acres fest, UT, clap your hands say yeah
Great Urban Race, Pease Park
The Grind Action Sports and Music w/ Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Riverboat Gamblers, Black and White Years: 160 foot water tank set-up in downtown Austin for wakeboarding demonstrations and a rail jam competition by professional wakeboarders!
Alan Haynes, One 2 One Bar
Black Star Coop Birthday Party
Bruce Robison, Broken Spoke
Gary Clark Jr, Antones
Hal Ketchum, Cactus Café
Jerry Jeff Walker, Paramount, Annual Bash
Madeleine Peyroux, Hogg Auditorium
Uncle Lucius, Threadgills
WC Clark, Saxon Pub
Swamp Thing and crawfish festival, 18th and congress
Texas Roller girls smack down