Hello Party TrainWrecks;
This is long. You’ve been forewarned. That said, if you are at home on the couch at any time this weekend, you’re doing something wrong. This week is apparently THE week to plan cool stuff. Before you get there, check this out.
· Trannies Vs. Midgets BBall Game: We need to make this happen in Austin, like, now.
· How have you made it through your entire life without gold Hammer pants? Hammer don’t hurt ‘em.
· Remote Control Car Racing: Every Sat at 1 pm, hard core remote control race car peeps gather in front of the Parmer hobby town to race cars around a track the size of a football field. Different heats, different levels, different types of cars. Yes, they have a bandstand. Apparently the cars are so fast they “drift” a la fast and the furious. It costs $10 to enter the race and the winner earns a $12 gift certificate to Hobbytown. Lasts until 5. Who wants to grab a 40 and make fun of some people? – Thanks Drea
· Free homeslice for a year? He won this contest by keeping his hand on an eggplant sub for longest. Just goes to show what anyone can accomplish. http://www.yearofthepizza.com
· Ibuylocal.com is having a contest. How local are you? Some cool local prizes for just emailing in a snapshot or a short note.
Putting this one together was exhausting. I need a beer. And I didn’t asterisk anything because I can’t decide what to do. 🙂
Yours in bring on the suds,
Lets face it, theyre the joy of your life, but kids can be a pain in the butt. Liven up every trip to the grocery store with a freaky mouth pacifier. Every time they drop a doozie in a public place, look down at the bubba gump teeth pacifier and everything is somehow ok.
· Dads eat free at Texas De Brazil
· Backwoods Clothing: Buy a fathers day bundle (trail runner dad, casual dad, hiking dad)and get 25% off any womens apparel or footwear. Keep the missus happy.
· Fathers day wine dinner at Cru
· Dads Day Barnes & Noble Coupon
· Fathers Day Deals Around Austin: Ztejas, Flemings, Wendys
· Fathers Day Freebies and Coupons
Enhancing Your Everyday Existence:
· Austin Decider – Thanks Kristina! – Lots of great information, events, discussions
· Half off Austin: Half off spa services GC, fogo de chao? Heck yeah
· Jello shot lovers: Tired of digging out the last bit of gelatinous goodness? Just twist it out! TwistShot
· Movies at Deep Eddy: What could be better than floating around watching a movie? Movies are kid friendly but still fun.
· Krause Springs: Privately owned AND a snow cone stand. Hike up, cool down – Thanks Sabrina
· Austin under the stars: Take chairs and get ready to learn about astronomy
· Bright Leaf Hike: Supposed to be gorgeous, guided hikes on Sat and Sun
Steals and Deals:
· Modelo Mondays: $1Modelos at Lucky Lounge every Monday. Arriba Arriba!
· Terrace 59 (speakeasy): T-F, 4-7, Complimentary Buffet, $3 house wine, cosmopolitans, frozen bellini’s
· Johnny Carinos: Pick an entrée & a mini app for 9.99
· House Wine Thursdays: free apps from 7-9
· Free Friday movies at FROOTS Cedar Park All Summer. Transformers this weekend!
· Sunday Bloody Funday: Mix it like you like it at Submerged
· Free Pizza Party Sundays In The Wreck Room at Red 7
· Horseshoe Lounge – Its lounge-y and its got a great sign. Other than that, I don’t really get why this place is so popular. Its smoky and the kitsch factor isnt high enough to warrant the slavish devotion it inspires.
· Aggrolites: Apparently they rock. Text from my friend. “I wish I brought my calorie watch, I’ve burned like 300 in the last 15 minutes”
· Black sheep lounge: It was a to try and now it’s a must go. Corn dog bites, fried pickle CHIPs, sweet potato fries and FREE BEER.
· Tonic: All the way out on parmer, they actually have a decent vibe for being in the boonies. Mondays is karaoke rock band. We totally kicked it’s a$$.
· Finn & Porter: Swanky, fabulous. Of course, I was there for a free event. I can only speak to atmosphere but oooh la la. Don’t forget their salt water swimming pool on the 8th floor.
· Mister Tramps: didn’t disappoint during the rainstorm F’in awesome. Don’t expect much from the décor. It’s the DEALS you’re there for
· Pollo Regio: This is like the temple of chicken. 11.99 for a huge delicious meal of juicy ck, beans, rice, grilled onion, tortillas and a green avocado salsa thing that will knock your socks off.
· RRE Games: take a flask. Beers are $7.
· Whimsicles: Creamy local creation… described as frozen cheesecake on a stick
· Dry Creek Café & Boat Dock: head there after your mt. bonnel hike
· Emeralds: all the best from Ireland. Our one comment was “um… so… potatoes?”
· Fabi and rosi: Modern European food, where zoot used to be
Blues on the Green, Cyril Neville
James McMurtry & The Heartless 12:00amContinental Club $8
Krush Groove Wednesdays 10:00pmLucky Lounge featuring the Best of the 80’s
Monte Montgomery 8:00pmSaxon Pub $10
Paula Nelson 7:00pmAmsterdam Cafe
Spazmatics 9:30pmCedar Street Courtyard
Walt Wilkins & the Mystiqueros 10:00pmSaxon Pub $10
Farewell To Mayor Wynn Featuring The Motts at Antone’s
Third Thursdays Downtown Art Night: Fine arts, catch a free ride up and down congress
Third Thursdays on Guadalupe
Lundy’s MustSee: OH NO OH MY / royal bangs / booher and the turkeys (inside)
Get Crafty… learn a new crafting skill and enjoy free Champagne at AMOA. Kid friendly and a new trend called “communicrafting”.
B REAL + BIZZY BONE 9:00pmMohawk B REAL (Cypress Hill) + BIZZY BONE (Bone Thugs N’ Harmony)
Band of Heathens Shady Grove Restaurant Unplugged at the Grove-
Betty Soo 7:00pmAmsterdam Cafe 3RD Coast Songwriters with
Fireants Threadgill’s World HQ
George Devore10:00pmSaxon Pub $5
Megan Tubb10:00pmAmsterdam Cafe
Suzanna Choffel 6:30pmCentral Market Cafe, N.Lamarall ages
Super Troopers quote a long, Alamo
Blue Lapis light performance: Performers dance over the buildings’ 150 foot side and bound through the air, floating, flying, bringing splendor and unconventional beauty to spaces no longer merely utilitarian.
Ladies of the 80s singalong
Sounds Under Radio with Pretty Reckless, The Last Place You Look and Goodnight Goddess at Stubb’s
Rock ‘n’ Restock: soul-jazz/raw funk sound of the late ’60s and early ’70s with Flyjack. Then T Bird and the Breaks. $30 includes food, beer, margs http://www.RockNRestock.com (RSVP) Thanks Jamie
West African & Bhangra Dance & Drum Workshop , 6:00 PM
Lundy’s MustSee: ST. VINCENT9:00pmMohawk
Austin Collins8:00pmAuslander BiergartenFredricksburg
Guy Forsyth8:30pmCactus Cafe $12
Ian McLagan & The Bump Band’s 12:00amContinental Club $10
Malford Milligan w/Greg Koch 9:00pmSaxon Pub $10 CD
Mingo Fishtrao7:30pmNutty Brown Cafe $8
Pattern Is Movement 9:00pmMohawk
Shelley King 6:30pmIguana Grill
St. Vincent5:00pmWaterloo Records and Videos
Stereo is a Lie 10:00pmHole In The Wall
Steve Earle8:00pmParamount Theatre $27-$30
Marcia Ball @ Antones
Spring fling day party @ gueros oak garden
Torchy Tacos 1st Annual Party @ Moontower
House Wine: amazing cold drinks and desserts party, 7 pm. Desserts are $4 instead of $6. respond to the evite for Sangria and Black and Orange Muscat Snow Cones, Strawberry Sorbet with Champagne & Port Brownie Sundays made with Amy’s Mexican Vanilla Ice Cream,
Asylum Street Spankers 6:00pmWooldridge Park
Blaggards 10:00pmFado Irish Pub 21+
Love Janis, Play about rock icon Janis Joplin
Boxing Lesson 7:00pmGuero’s
Bus Stop Stallions 12:00amMomo’s$5
Faux Punk (daft punk tribute act!) 9:00pmRed 7
JIMMY LAFAVE 8:30pmCactus Cafe $15
Malford Milligan w/Greg Koch 8:00pmSaxon Pub $10 CD
Monte Montgomery 7:30pmNutty Brown Cafe $10
More Cowbell 9:00pmLucky Lounge
Mysterious Ways 10:00pmAmsterdam Cafe
Txrd Roller Derby PartyCannibal Club
Xavier RuddLa Zona Rosa
Free dance party @ beauty bar
Symphony Band7:30pmZilker Hillside TheaterFather’s Day Concert in the Park
Gourds 5:00pmNutty Brown Cafe
Suede9:30pmCedar Street Courtyard
Bob Schneder and Lonelyland 8:30pmSaxon Pub $10
Snippy Lovin & Southern Sandwich1:00amHeadhunters Club
Spoiled 10:00pmLucky Lounge Modelo Monday featuring
Stoics 11:00pmHeadhunters Club
Suzanna Choffel Stubb’s BBQJenny Lewis W/ Heartless Bastards
The Royal Tenenbaums Father’s Day Special at Alamo Drafthouse Downtown 6:30pm, $8.50 / $33.50 Includes Feast
Fathers day full moon barn dance (check on this one…)