Hi party peeps:
Busy week, sorry this is late. Yes, the wig crawl is still a possibility… but it’s gonna have to wait until it’s not so damn hot. It’s Thursday… one day til Friday… basically the weekend. Here are some things to help you slack off:
· Things happen to us every day that make you shake your head in disbelief… here are people who have decided to share: fmylife.com.
· Speaking of appalling, we’ve all seen this, typically at places like gruv or the marq or the ranch: www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com
· Speaking of d-bags, “do you like this funky arab?” It’s unbelievably ridiculous and hilarious.
· Mortified austin: mortified is a comic excavation of awkward adolescent artifacts – old journals, poems, love letters, lyrics, locker notes, home movies, etc. – and shared by their original authors in front of total strangers. Submit entries now!
As always, asterisks mean attending. Blog is here and let me know if there’s something I should include! I’ll be working on the format of the blog soon as I’ve recently discovered its cutting off the side of some events and that’s totally unacceptable.
Yours in work avoidance,
Steals & deals:
· Free haircuts: thursday and friday by a licensed cosmetologist, supercuts training center at 7801 north lamar (corner of 183 and lamar). Call and check hours.
· Free redbox code: kel7lg3
· Einstein bagels: buy a bagel sammich, get one free. Coupon
· 50% off nalgene: coupon code for 50% off is nalgene9. They have camel backs!
RRE: If you have berm seats for the RRE games and don’t use the tickets, they’re good for all games!
· Mangia @ Guadalupe: Greasy pizza.. Like soak it up in your napkin greasy. Beer was still cold though 🙂
· Luna Nail Spa: Deluxe pedi for $35. Five “courses” scrubs and rubs and the best back massaging chairs.
· Casey’s Snowballs: Cheap, AWESOME.
· Ztejas Arboreteum: Consistently good. Great happy hour. Great sunset view.
· Fonda San Miguel: Is it me or is this place overpriced? It was good… but I’m not sure it was upwards of $25 a person good.
· Shuggies burgers: Good, lots of options, great flavor and reasonable. Plus the eatery was showing dazed and confused. Sweeeet.
· Me so hungry catering: http://mesohungry.biz/menucatering.html. Their menu is really funny!
· Opal divines: 4pm till 7pm monday thru friday. $3 margaritas & half price bar appetizers
· Las Cazuelas: GREAT yelp reviews for authentic Mexican food. Eeeeast siiiiide!
· Shangri-La – If you haven’t been, I drove past it on Saturday and it was PACKED.
· *Note: Black sheep has its license – no more free drinks :(*
2 live crew + dmg$ 9:00pm mohawk outside
Awkward rocket 9:00pm flamingo cantina
Ian mclagan & the bump band6:00pm lucky lounge
Jet baker 8:00pm ruta maya hq cd / $$ benefit for norml and outgrow bigbro
Monahanas 5:00pm waterloo records and videosno
Nelo 9:30pm la zona rosa
Scootenanny9:00pm scoot inn $5scootenanny
Warren hood & the hoodlums threadgill’s world hq
Matt bearden, cap city
Blue lapis light, after dark, impermanence
Topaz and the mudphones, papa mail, continental club, 10 p
Super troopers and ladies of the 80s quote a long
Watermelon thump, lulling: thu 6/25 – sun 6/28
Nerd nite buffalo billiards, like discovery channel but funny with beer
4th annual field of dreams: mingle with former longhorn athletes and taste extraordinary food and wine while bidding on central texas’ most unique sports memorabilia
WAKA Kickball, Jaycee Fields **
Built by snow 9:00pm hole in the wall
A soul happening, club deville **
Car stereo wars, beauty bars
Greatest american heroes, carousel lounge
LC rocks, speakeasy
Dead pyrates society/john stahely 1:00am saxon pub $5
Eggmen7:30pm nutty brown cafe no
Fever tree rising 9:00pm saxon pub $10
Flashback 11:00pm saxon pub $8
Lc rocks 9:30pm cedar street courtyard
Seth walker8:00pm momo’s $10
Suicide solution 8:30pm la zona rosa
Warren hood & the hoodlums pfluger park, music in the pflugervilleno
Whole lotta led8:30pm la zona rosa
Your kisses cause crashes 9:00pm hole in the wall
Quiet company, antones
Urban roots summer farm fest, youthlaunch – hands of the earth farm, 7651 delwau buy fresh local produce at the farm where it was grown
* tomato and pepper tasting
* pico de gallo-making demonstration
* farm tours
* compost demo: learn how to make compost fast and clean at your own home
Tim’s Porch: Celebration of Poodie Locke. Crazy Lineup of artists: Billy joe shaver , REK, CCR, Paula Nelson, Billy bob thornton, cory morrow
Austin under the stars, 7 pm
Belaire 9:00pm mohawk
Blaggards 10:00pm fado irish pub 21+
Bruce robison gruene hall, gruene new braunfels
Eliza gilkyson w/special guest 8:30pm cactus cafe $20
Eve & the exiles 8:00pm roadhouse rags
Grupo fantasma 9:00pm threadgill’s world hq $15
Matt devine 9:00pm continental club $10 cdalmost there records’ compilation release party
Ryan’s b-day soiree 11:00pm momo’s $5 wartime social
Shelley king 6:30pm central market-westgateno
The alice rose, flipnotics
Traveling bistro’s maker’s mark brunch **, nomad bar, 11 am (be there early!)
· Grilled pork loin chops with maker’s mark & mustard glaze
· sweet maple & maker’s mark chicken wings
· loretto corn casserole
· bacon and black pepper waffles with maker’s mark apple syrup
Seth walker’s 5:00pm gruene hall, gruene new braunfels no cd
Suede9:30pm cedar street courtyard