Welcome back from your fourth of July vaca (or stayca). Can you believe it’s almost the middle of july? At this point in my life I was supposed to be independently wealthy and married to josh lucas. But dreams die hard. Blogging at a certain technology company is just as inspiring… But I digress.
On the ride back from SPI, we discovered some fun websites:
· Summer adventure: the texas bbq trail, www.texasbbqtrail.com, do the ‘cue! All the places you should go to eat our delicious national dish
· Where to find happy hours: Austin360 Happy Hours. Because we all need more of those…
· Free numerology: http://affinitynumerology.com/. Figure out your life path and destiny… mine is total crap but maybe it will work out for you
· http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/AMDB : Austin music database
There are tons of free/cheap things available this week — free concerts, movies, mojitos, ice cream, parties and cheap deals below.
Yours in summer fun and tacky white tan lines,
Deals and steals:
· Sparks is closing: everything is 30% off and all seasonal items are 50% off. Fixtures and equipment are priced cheap too
· Texas de brazil, 50% off through july 30th:
· Free Starbucks Ice Cream: log in to your fb account first before you click this link. Mailling address required to send a friend a coupon for a pint of stabucks icecream:
· Southwest airlines is having their “wanna get away” sale for tickets booked through july 8 for travel between september 9 through november 18. Fares start at $30 per leg.
· Long Center Wine Deal: if you are going to the long center for a show, stop by House Wine before or after, show us a ticket and get 50% off any appetizer!
· Free Notebook from Snapfish: For the next 3 days get a free 6.75″ x 9″ Notebook
· AvenueFive July Deals:
o Mondays – free haircut with any color service
o Tuesdays – $5 off highlights
o Wednesdays – 15% off all waxing services
o 15% off all davines products
o 2 creative nail polishes for just $6
· House Wine: Sundays and Mondays bottle of wine and 2 cheese plate tuscan olive three cheese spread with assorted crackers and marcona almonds $24.95
· Shoetrader has a coupon code 943638 for 50% off. Coupon works on clearance items too. Shipping is $5.
· Chuys: had a group lunch there this week. Food was delicious, if disgustingly huge. This alone will make your a$$ the size of a truck. Not to mention the ranch with chips. And queso on a burrito.
· La casina: really good actually. Part of a new “mexitalian” trend – you can get pasta or nachos.
· Public Enemy: Totally interesting. Johnny Depp is hot. Big surprise.
· Ringful: applications formatted to make life easier for austin iphone users
· Mr. Yogato frozen yogurt partnership between a yogurt-slinging rocket scientist and a former alaskan dog musher
· Imperia: 2 for 1 happy hour
· Tarot Card/Palm Reading: Alicia, blue and white house on s. lamar, if open, on right hand side. Don’t ask. Just sounds fun.
· ½ price appetizers at saltgrass, 4 – 7
· Cypress Grill: 14 shrimp for 6.99 on Tues
Tighten up dance party, beauty bar
The motts, antones
Brew 6:00pm copa
Dan dyer momo’s club
Deer tickbash riprockslubbock
Kevin welch6:30pm continental clubthrough july 15
Krush groove wednesday10:00pm lucky lounge featuring the best of the 80’s
La mona loca (formerly cienfuegos) 9:00pm ruta maya hq 7:30-8:30 pm free salsa lesson
Paula nelson 8:00pm amsterdam cafe
Skyrocketscholtz beer garten
Suzanna choffel8:30pm momo’s club$10
Free 101x movie in the park series: gremlins, 8:00 pm – 10:30 pm central market – n. Lamar, austin, tx
Bright light social hour parish room
Deer tick 5:00pm waterloo records and videos
Ian mclagan & the bump band6:00pm lucky lounge
Jumping from jets 10:00pm amsterdam cafe
Scootenanny9:00pm scoot inn $5scootenanny
Starstar 10:00pm continental club $7’s rolling stone’s tribute band
Story ofparish room
Cote catering recently went on an culinary tour of the world- famous cuisine of new orleans.
the odyssey: a rock musical, 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm the city theatre: new, original rock musical based on the epic poem of “the odyssey” by homer.
Teddy Bear Hospital: $10 suggested donation, ace custom tailors will repair teddy bears and other assorted stuffed animals for the entire month of july 2009. The teddy bear hospital raises funds for the shelter, and teaches children the benefits of giving back to the community. Lots of locations, google it
Make your Own Mojito: Beat the summer heat with a refreshing mojito that you make yourself. Trained mixologists from Bacardi will show you how. All supplies provided. Call your friends and start your weekend at MOTIF. RSVP to http://www.motiffurniture.com/s.nl/it.I/id.5/.f. Free!!
A summer soul session 10:30pm lambert’s $2with dj’s rae davis and second line social
Dark summer dawn 10:00pm parish room
Deer tick mowhawk’s
Fireants pfluger park, music in the pflugerville
Mel tillis 7p&9:30p one world theatre $30-$70 recorded 60+ albums, had 36 top 10 singles, 9 #1 hits, is a member of the country music hall of fame.
Velvet brick 9:00pm flamingo cantina $5
Warren hood & the hoodlums saxon pub
local food tasting soiree: 7:00 pm akoya condos – mason’s home, austin, tx
Local food hybrid-potluck – you’re welcome to bring something, but you don’t have to. All dishes made with at least some locally produced food.
world music with atash 9:00 pm esquina tango(non profit organization), austin, tx
East 11th street beats: independent music showcase, kenny dorham’s backyard, 6pm, donate what you want. Independent music showcase celebrates the spirit of summer with performances from independent texas jazz, hip-hop, rock, and turntable acts
Alan haynes 10:00pm one-2-one bar
Asylum street spankers 8:30pm cactus cafe $15
Seth Walker, Central Market
Arc Angel, Antones
Atlas sound stubb’s bbq
Bombs in your mouth9:00pm hyde park theatre $10-$100
Bugs henderson & w.c. clark saxon pub
Jamie foxx 8:00pm frank erwin center theatre $60
La snacks 10:00pm mohawk
micky and the motorcars white water amphitheatre new braunfels
Reckless kelly white water amphitheatre new braunfels
Wanda sykes7:00pmmusic hall
07/12/09 black, red & black 7:00pm lambert’s
07/12/09 cienfuegos 7:00pm ruta maya hq
07/12/09 del castillo music under the starsel paso chamizal natl. Memorial
nelo performs live at the lake summer concert series 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm lakeway resort and spa, lakeway, tx
Austin fashion week kicks off featuring bruno and fashion don’ts live show 9:15 – 12:00 am
Pete yorn 8:00pm la zona rosa