Hi Party Trainers!
Early train this week. Trying to avoid work. Hope all of you ACLers had fun and the non ACLers enjoyed laughing at those fools rolling around in the mud. I am so damn sore from trudging all over hither and yon. Maybe someone could’ve mentioned I should take Monday off?
Here’s a pop quiz… can you guess what didnt happen this weekend?
- The fanny pack made a resurgence
- I had treated sewage on my face courtesy of the city of Austin
- I strapped four flasks to my body in order to avoid spending $$ on overpriced beers, three days in a row
Ha. Trick question. All of them happened. Especially the most disturbing, fanny pack sightings a la 1985. This week there is no cause for boredom. Free fun stuff every day, decent music abounding and of course, you’re all coming to cheer us on at kickball on Thursday. As for you, get ready for Flamenco, Free Pizza & Funk Fest, Beatlejuice, the Blues, Beastie boys & black dresses, Darksyde, Dance Parties and Evil Dead, Black Lips & Big Lebowski, Snow Patrol & Soulphonics, Birds Barbershop & Bruce Robison, Flame Trick Subs and Street Salsa. But first, enjoy:
- Chola Makeup Tutorial (Dre’s ex): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOOlcdpfLg
- Stevie Wonder’s Twitter Account: http://iamhilarious.com/stevie-wonder-on-twitter/
- Oldie but goody: Weed field burning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ136zd1m14&NR=1
- You tube fail: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=120554701784
Enjoy the gorgeous weather! (Update: The gorgeous RAIN). I’m planning a camping trip soon… maybe this one will actually happen. I have a hankering for the great outdoors that can only be satisfied by a sleeping in a tent and the smell of campfire.
Yours in early to bed and late to rise,
- Flamenco Nights @ Malaga
- New bar where old GingerMan was The Ghost Bar
- New Bar by Lustre Pearl: Clive Bar
- Backstage Steakhouse: http://www.backstagesteakhouseaustin.com/dinner.php
- Trulucks: Red White & You Wednesdays, Enjoy half-off all bottles of wine, all night every Wednesday
Reviews: all located here: Kelly S on Yelp
- Sambets Cajun Deli and Firey Foods Store : Great Muffalettas and Boudin
- Asia Cafe : Incredible. Seriously.
- Kona Grill : What a great deal — Reverse Happy Hour! Ahi Tuna Crisps… mmm
- Chili’s Grill & Bar : The one off 35 served us the grosses micheladas ever. AVOID
- Lustre Pearl Bar : If you havent gone, you are missing out. $2 pearl lights and hula hooping. Plus amazing fried pickles
- Chuy Bakery : Open late, great churros
- Taqueria Arandas : Actually really good. Guess that’s why they’re all over town
- Hill-Berts Burgers : They deliver to dallas night club. Done.
- Dallas Nite Club : Still amazing after all these years
- Frank : Gourmet hot dogs and crazy cocktails (including bacon infused whiskey)
Free and Cheap
- October 7th, Mighty Cone is giving away free cones until 9
- FunFunFun Fest will post a trivia question on Twitter today at 1pm, will give away tickets to the fest! via@funfunfunfest
- Victorias Secret Whatnot Coupon Codes (Free Underpretties!)
- Free Music: LINK 26 tracks way back from the 80’s. the 1880s.
- Borders and Waldenbooks offer a 40% off online Code: BSA1671X for any one list-priced item through Oct 12, 2009. . You must be a Borders Rewards member (free registration) to be eligible for the coupon
- Staples offers 10% off in-store purchases with this Printable Coupon which may be used through Oct 10, 2009
- Big Lots has a 20% off coupon valid today, Mon, 10/5/2009 through 10/10/2009. If you are not a Buzz Club member yet to see the coupon, you can sign up for free
- Zappos has again opened their VIP Membership Free to everyone. This offer is available through Nov 1, 2009. VIP Membersip offers exclusive features and benefits such as Guaranteed Free Overnight Shipping.
- $200 off Travel to Mex/Carrib & Hotel
Festivals & Fun This Weekend:
- Art Outside’s 3-Day Art & Music Festival: http://www.artoutside.org
- Gruene Wine & Music Festival: 10/10 – 10/11
- Great Pumpkin Hunt: Family-Friendly Event, Children Of All Ages Can Enjoy Fall Activities. Certain Activities Cost $2-4 Per Ticket. Activities Include Pumpkin Hunt, Pumpkin Launcher, Train, Maze, Fire Truck Ride And More.
- 30th Annual Wimberley Gospel Music Festival: http://www.wimberleygospelmusic.com
- Austin Jazz Festival
- @bill_bowman & @keepaustinwierd Daniel Johnston listening party today @WaterlooRecords at 5pm. FREE PIZZA: http://bit.ly/2NbKS
- Tuesday, October 6th Be At Anthropologie For Cocktails, H’ors Doeuvres And The Preview For A New Show On The Sundance Channel, Just Make Sure To Rsvp.
- Blues Society Jam 6:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Blue Tuesday 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club Blue Monday W/ David Grissom, Malford Milligan, Chris Layton, Derek O’brien, Riley Osbourn
- Toni Price 6:30pm Continental Club $7 Cover
- Snow Patrol, Plain White Ts, Stubbs
- Special Tasting: The Wines Of Chile At Sampaio’s Restaurant 7-9pm, $20
- Jumping Off Bridges With Kat Candler Live! At Windsor Park Library 6:30pm, Free
- Saffire (Upitty Blues Woman) At Cactus Cafe
- Bettysoo 10:00pm Saxon Pub, The $10 Cover
- Carolyn Wonderland 7:30pm Artz Rib House No Cover
- Cowboy Mouth 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club $20 Adv
- Dustin Welch 12:00am Continental Club $8 Cover James Mcmurtry & The Heartless On The Road
- Elms, The 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Monte Montgomery 8:00pm Saxon Pub, The $10 Cover
- Say Hi 8:00pm Mohawk, The /Outside
- Shelley King 7:30pm Artz Rib House No Cover
- Soulphonics 7:00pm Carousel Lounge
- Spazmatics, The 9:45pm Cedar Street Courtyard
- Suzanna Choffel 8:30pm Momo’s Club $7 Cover
- Free Coffee For Runners From 6-7:30 A.M. At Whole Foods.
- Blackmail’s Little Black Dress Party And Free-Cocktail-It-Up.
- Isle Of White At Beerland
- Mocktigers, The Always Already, Factory Party At The Mohawk
- 6-8 Be At Women And Their Work Gallery For A Lovely Artist Reception Which Makes No Mention Of Cheese And Wine But Every Single Other One Delivered
- Beastie Boys Rap Along: Alamo Drafthouse – Downtown At The Ritz
- Eric Tessmer 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Liz Morphis 7:30pm Eddie V’s Edgewater Grill No Cover
- Lonesome Heroes 11:00pm Continental Club $7 Cover
- Love At War 10:30pm Momo’s Club $5 Cover
- Mother Truckers 6:30pm Continental Club No Cover
- Pitbull 8:00pm Music Hall
- ‘Beetlejuice’ Quote-Along 7:00 Pm
- Funk Fest Night, Ruta Maya: Www.Myspace.Com/Truepeace
- Date&Dash Singles Speed-Dating Party For College Grads in Austin 8:00 PM
- Eat Pray Love’s Elizabeth Gilbert at the Paramount
- World Music With Batikum: Brazilian influenced @ Esquina Tango
- Friday, October 9th From 7-9 Promises A Very Jazzy Artist Reception At Art Garage.
- Darksyde Show, A Pink Floyd Repertory Company At Long Center
- Night @ The Museum 2 @ Mueller Lake Park Amphitheater
- Lewboski Fest, Stubbs
- Black Lips 9:00pm Mohawk, The /Outside
- Charles Thibodeaux/ Cajun Ac 7:30pm Jovita’s No Cover
- Dear And The Headlights 8:00pm Emo’s $10/$12
- Rhett Miller Of Old 97’s 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club $16 Adv.
- Skyrocket (Ex/K-Tel Hit Machine) Cedar Street Courtyard
- Sounds, The 9:00pm La Zona Rosa
- Super Lite Bike 10:45pm Momo’s Club $8 Cover
- T-Bird & The Breaks 12:00am Continental Club $10 Cover
- Topaz 6:30pm Central Market Cafe, N. Lamar No Cover
- W.C. Clark 9:00pm Saxon Pub, The $10 Cover
- Your Kisses Cause Crashes Parish Room, The
- Evil Dead: The Musical: Http://Www. 360.Com/Calendar/Events2/Etc/Usereventdisplay.Jspd?Eventstatus=Approved&Eventid=264264
- Borealis Dance Presents Human Emotion Experience Dance That Moves You
- The Parish – Saturday Night Dance Party With Dj Mel At The Parish Room
- Austin Record Convention @ Crockett Center
- Grand Re-Opening Party At Wheatsville Food Co-Op 4-10pm
- Murder City Devils At The Mohawk
- TXRD Cavello Cup Championship Bout
- Flametrick Subs, Phuss
- Eric Tessmer Band
- Mysterious Ways
- Adam Hood
- Zombiefest 2009 Screening – Resident Evil Apocalypse: Screening Of Resident Evil Apocalypse With Refreshments & House Of The Dead Free Play After Film!
- Del Castillo Nutty Brown Cafe
- Jimmie Vaughan 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club $20 Adv
- Stonehoney 5:15pm Central Market Cafe, N. Lamar No Cover
- Street Salsa Dance Party 9:00pm Ruta Maya Int’l Hq $5 Cover
- Tiny Tin Hearts, The 7:45pm Central Market Cafe, N. Lamar No Cover
- Austin Oyster Adventure Race
- Art Outside At Apache Pass Art, Music, Performance, Film, Fashion, Comedy, Workshops, Food And Camping
- Ghostface Killah (11p) with Fashawn (10p) at Emo’s
- Bike Bird’s For Cycling Races, Gear, And Lone Star. 2nd Street Area For The Downtown Living Tour, It May Cost But I’m Pretty Sure You Can Smuggle Your Way Into What I Guarantee Will Be A Gorgeous Afterparty At Ligne-Roset From 5-7.
- Second Sunday Sock Hop
- A Place To Bury Strangers 8:00pm Mohawk, The /Outside
- Bruce Robinson 7:00pm Antone’s Night Club $15 Adv. Twang Dang Doodle In Support Of Kut
- Cienfuegos 7:00pm Ruta Maya Int’l Hq $5 Cover Domingo Caliente Latin Dance Dj Mix Party 10pm – 2am
- Malford Milligan 7:00pm Antone’s Night Club $15 Adv. Twang Dang Doodle In Support Of Kut
- Toni Price 2:30pm Threadgill’s World Hq/South $15 Cover
- Vallejo 2:30pm Threadgill’s World Hq/South $15 Cover
- OctoTea Dance, presented by the Octopus Club
- Black Crowes