Did everyone survive Halloween? Total insanity. We tailgated for 8 hours, were on NBC and then had an MJ dance party. Basically the perfect evening. This weekend is Austin Celtic Festival, Fiesta Gardens, Austin Fair and Music Fest, Keep Austin Bizarre Bazaar, FunFunFunFest, La Boheme, 18th Annual Austin Powwow and American Indian Heritage Festival and Wurstfest.
You also have about 412 other things you can do. Free drinks, ACDC, fashion shows, free meal @ sagra, Abba Cover Band (Metal), B Scene, Jimmie Vaughan and of course, Yelp Drinks Week.
Here are some time wasters for your last two days of work:
- Dont you love it when someone asks you a question they can easily answer by googling it? Use this site to make your sarcastic point. “Here, Let Me Google That For You” <– thanks Todd
- More amazing than picasa? Believe it! They have an app that makes you look thinner: PicNik <– Thanks Sabrina
- Gotta Love chicago. I’m sure there’s one in the works for Austin: Big Gay Ice Cream Truck <– Thanks Kel
- You’ve seen it before. The pizza burger, the baloney sausage, the disgustingamazingness: http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/
- Chuck Norris Facts: Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ <– Thanks Al!
- Hilarious black and white photos from days of yore. Black and WTF?
- You’ve seen Stuff White People Like… Now see the White Wine of the day. “There aren’t enough bike racks at WholeFoods”
- Celebrity look alike site. This Totally Looks like… We all know one!
- Want to know more about the social media revolution? Really interesting facts on YouTube <–Thanks Rachael
- Simpsons are Genius. 11 hilarious secret jokes <– Thanks Zach
I’ll be updating this later this week I’m sure. Til then, enjoy this fabulous city we live in. Find something you love, a place, a product, a website and let me know all about it.
Yours in taking full advantage of free stuff,
Free and Cheap:
- Best Mascara Ever: Vibrating Mascara 2 for 1 @ Walgreens B&M
- Save 15% on your next southwest roundtrip flight! Link
- 20% off @ ulta until November 25: Ulta Coupon
- Shop in other people’s closets… sell your own clothes @ http://www.thredup.com/
- Discounts all over Austin: Austin Visitors Guide
- 50% off all costumes @ http://www.spirithalloween.com/
- Buca Di Beppo Italian Restaurant offers $10 off $20 with this Printable Coupon which is valid through Dec 31, 2010
- Free Music: royalty free tracks not made in garage band, check this out: http://bit.ly/QMWmF
- Friday: One big holiday bag sale: 20% off anything and everything you can fit in shopping bag at Ten Thousand Villages 10am to 8pm, Free
- 10% off Labor for Yelpers Duhon Electric (Allandale) Take 10% off labor portion of your bill. Maximum discount is $100. Not valid with other offers. Must present coupon at time of service.Avenue 5 Specials:
- Mondays – 10% Off Haircuts
- Tuesdays – 15% Off Highlights
- Wednesdays – 10% Off Eyelash Extensions
- Free Product Samples with Purchase of Any Color Service on Mondays!
- 10% Off All Product Purchases on Tuesdays
- Drive In? Coffee Shop? http://www.austinbrevita.com/special.htm
- 2nd tuesdays happy hour (yappy hour) @ the hub — “barkaritas”
- Gourdoughs: http://www.yelp.com/biz/gourdoughs-austin#hrid:sgheScs4zHOCY1mnmq-yHA
- Fricanos Deli. 5 stars all the way: http://www.yelp.com/biz/fricanos-deli-austin#hrid:IQBLz5Dec6rMk1GlEmt_kA
- Club De Ville: Amazing and fun, as usual
- T Bird and the BReaks: Ditto
- Hyde Park Bar & Grill: Get the Mac and Cheese, Srsly
- Sarah’s Med Grill and Market: Hummus is amazing.
- Martinis & Tuckers in San Ant: Definitely go to both
- Dan Dyer 10:00pm Momo’s Club $7
- Rooftop party @ Belmont. Benefits Shoes for Austin: http://www.austin360.com/calendar/events2/etc/userEventDisplay.jspd?eventStatus=Approved&eventid=268748
- Dertybird 8:00pm Jovita’s
- Dirty Wormz 7:00pm Music Hall
- Guy Forsyth 5:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- LOST SOUL REVUE 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Monte Montgomery 8:00pm Saxon Pub $10
- Rakim Emo’s outside (Tickets)
- SPAZMATICS 9:45pm Cedar Street Courtyard
- Totally Michael 10:00pm Beauty Bar 21+
- Walt Wilkins & the Mystiqueros 10:00pm Saxon Pub $10
- Wiretree Mohawk
- Your Kisses Cause Crashes Emo’s
- Grape escape! Party with a purpose. $25 for variety of wines, a myriad of tasty dishes provided by Austin’s finest dining establishments, and an eclectic silent auction. All benefits go to Heart House, helps at risk kids.
- Marie Maria Fashion Lounge: RARE Magazine and Maria Maria La Cantina host Fashion Lounge! With Half Price Specialty Margaritas and Appetizers all night, Sephora giveaways, and shopping with Wish, Eliza Page, Delish Bakery, Marnie Bugs and more
- Whole Foods, “Taste of Thanksgiving.”
The most ultimate Bleet-Up (meet your bloggers, yours truly included) will take place at the Mohawk on Thursday in addition to all of the above. Hit this link and get on that.
- Bleet Up:austin Meet Your Bloggers with Learning Secrets, The Lennings , Built By Snow , Corto Maltese, Sad Accordions , The Politics, Great Nostalgic , The Lemurs, The Politics, Sad Accordions, Hollywood Gossip at The Mohawk **
- Yelp Drinks Week PubCrawl: http://www.yelp.com/events/austin-yelp-drinks-week
- From 6-9 Gallery D is hosting some hot British denim designers and providing the free wine.
- Third Eye Blind, Grand Buffet at Stubb’s +gcal map
- Michael Jackson Sing-Along at Alamo Drafthouse Downtown 10pm, $12 +gcal map
- Attack Attack 6pm door Emo’s outside (Tickets)
- Bubba Hernandez y los Super Vatos 9:00pm Flamingo Cantina $5
- Cedric Burnside & Lightnin’ Malcolm12:00am Continental Club $10
- Charlie Mars Parish Room
- Color Morale 6pm door Emo’s outside (Tickets)
- George Devore 10:00pm Saxon Pub $5
- Gram Parson’s Birthday Hoot night 8:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $10
- Gurf Morlix 8:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $10
- I Set My Friends on Fire 6pm door Emo’s outside (Tickets)
- Love At War 10:30pm Momo’s Club $5
- Malford,David,Tommy,Frosty,Gabe 6:00pm Saxon Pub
- Girlstarts Birthday Bash: Girlstart’s Birthday Bash celebrates 12 incredible years of empowering girls to excel in math, science, and technology! Enjoy wine, “smartinis,” and hors d’oeuvres, as well as a silent auction, wine toss, and cake balls!
- Lonestar Texas: A Popcorn Throwing Rock Country Musical
- Singles Mixer in Austin!
- November 6th – 8th celebrate the wine and cheese festival at Central Market, it’s pretty much a sample-a-thon with deep discounts.
2ND Street District Holiday Give & Get Kick-off: Just $25 gets you special VIP savings, free gifts, a chance to win holiday spending money and the opportunity to support one of four much-loved Austin non-profits
- “Anything But Clothes” Fundraiser and Holiday Drive benefiting LifeWorks
- 1969 the band 9:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $35
- B scene Art Party at The Blanton 6-10:30pm, $5 for members, $10 for general +gcal map
- Austinist Presents Local Music Is Sexy 8 With TV Torso, The Low Lows, International Waters, Watch Out For Rockets, Beautiful Supermachines, Air Traffic Controllers, Distant Seconds, Silent Land Time Machine, Black Before Red, Manikin, The Authors, My Milk at The Mohawk and Club Deville 7:30pm-2am, Free, 21+ +gcal map
- ACDC’s Black Ice Tour 7:30pm Frank Erwin Center $89.50 Air Traffic Controllers Mohawk
- Brew 9:30pm Elephant Room
- DIMITRIS ASCENT 9:00pm Flamingo Cantina $5 JAMPSYCHEDELIC
- Jimmie Vaughan 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Joe King Carrasco 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Killdares 9:30pm Jovita’s
- LARRY reunion show Parish Room
- Ponty Bone 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club
- Randy Rogers Band Nutty Brown CafeAmphitheatre
- StABBA Scoot Inn http:www.myspace.comstabbaband
- Steps 9:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $35 21+
- T Bird and the Breaks 12:00am Stubb’s BBQ $8
- Uncle Lucius 7:30pm C. Hunt’s Icehouse
- Saturday the 7th celebrate The Draught House Pub’s 41st Anniversary with several beers to sample and bbq-galore.
- Cajun Aces 8:00pm Roadhouse Rags $10 BYOB Bandulus 9:00pm Flamingo Cantina $5 18+
- Bob SchneiderTX Bluegrass Massacre 9:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $15
- BROWNOUT! 10:00pm Club Deville $10 21+
- Dj Baby G Parish Room
- Eggmen 7:00pm Jovita’s
- Gospel Truth Emo’s inside
- Grim Nasty 10:00pm Triple Crown San Marcos
- Gunhand 1:00am Saxon Pub $5
- Reverend Horton Heat 9:00pm Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- Soul Clap Dance Off w 10:00pm Club Deville $10 21+
- Uncle Lucius 10:00pm Threadgill’s World HQSouth $15
- USED 8:00pm La Zona Rosa
- VOXTROT 9:30pm Mohawk $10 outside
- White Tie Affair 5pm door Emo’s outside (Tickets)
- AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL… 9:30pm Mohawk $13
- Free Moral Agents 9:30pm Mohawk $13 inside (wIkey Owens of The Mars Volta)
- Maze fFrankie Beverly 5:00pm Travis County Expo Center $29.95 Combining a Philadelphia soul sound with a strong appreciation of Marvin Gaye.
- Shawn Nelson 1:00am Momo’s Club
- Free Sagra Meal: click here to make your Reservations
- Second Sunday Sock Hop – Shangrila
- 80s night @ Elysium
- Bob Schneider and Lonely Land 8:30pm Saxon Pub $10
- Fireants Momo’s Club