Remember when i sent this out during the week? yeah… sorry I am so lame! Was busy planning 80s prom — pictures posted soon. In the meantime, fun sites and TONS of things to do tonight and tomorrow.
- My life is twilight… people post really tragic status updates involving twilight. Like this: Today i spent over 6 hours editing pictures of my friends and family into twilight characters. MLIT.
- Disturbing and hilarious Bacon themed products: Bacon Lip Balm anyone?
- The $ex offender shuffle: http://iamhilarious.com/sex-offender-shuffle/
- For you artsy folks, Take a look at the museum of bad art, where they collect and preserve bad art.
- New website for food and drink specials: http://www.austinontherocks.com/
- Only in Austin: The newest old thing in Austin is Beer and Bingo Night… presented by drag queen sapphire. Wednesday from 7- 9 p.m. at Jo’s Downtown. Beers are $3 and bingo cards are $1 a piece. Proceeds go to Caritas, which feeds the homeless
- Webinars from Notre Dame on how to get a job: http://career.alumni.nd.edu/webinars
Free and Cheap
- Buy a full price ticket, get one half off for RiverDance: Click Here
- 25% off sports authority: use code TSADECM
- Barnes & Noble: 30% off: X8J4H4M
- 40% off saks: Coupon here
- Sign up for free Whataburger coupons: http://www.whataburger.com/whataburger_serves/
- MACYSFRIEND – 25% off instore and online valid dec 2 – 7
- Spec’s Wine, Spirits, & Finer Foods ß so amazing, GREAT deli
- Red Shed Tavern ß for my southies, new incredible bar
- Hill-Berts Burgers & Chedd’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese ß don’t bother
To check out:
- The new chef inspired 24 Diner
- early tickets for fiddler on the roof
- Sago – brunch and 2 dollar mimosas
- Yogurt Planet – weighable yogurt
- Flying Saucer – pint night on Mondays
- Kick butt coffee has live events, full bar
- Mama Fus half price apps @ happy hour
- Bird’s Manfest ’09: free lonestar, vodka
- @ Animal Trustees of Austin: Have some complimentary cocktails (namely Tito’s) and grab some raffle tickets and help them get back to saving 4-legged-fur-monsters.
- Afrobeat Saturday, The Victory Grill,
- Smirnoff Presents: Be There 6-10pm Free Smirnoff beverages, with performances by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf and Foot Patrol. Update: Secret location has been revealed as Pine Street Studio, 1101 E. 5th St. **EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP!**
Free w/ RSVP. There is a an option to bring a +1; just mention you and your guest’s name in the email.
- Neiliyo, Freshmillions and Missions 9pm-2am Free beer (donations encouraged); BYO liquor if you wanna Baby Blue, 1522 E. 12th, Free. No RSVP.
- Bust a Move: 80s Dance Party: 11pm-2am Get down to 80s hip hop, pop and rock; win prizes; watch old-school music vids on the big screen The Highball, 1142 S. Lamar Free, No RSVP
- Head down Congress to the Capitol, bobbing and weaving in and out of the shops since they’re opening up and serving treats to all doin’ the stroll.
- First Saturday on South 1st…
- Afrofreque 9:30pm Momo’s Club Austin $10 cover
- Erin Ivey 501 Studios
- Flametrick Subs Beerland
- Austin Handbell Ensemble 7:00pm San Gabriel Presbyterian Georgetown no
- Big San’s Funky Nation 12:00am Momo’s Club Austin $10 cover *
- Blaggards 10:00pm Fado Irish Pub Austin 21+
- Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis n/a Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- Love at War 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club Austin $10 cover
- PACK OF WOLVES 9:00pm Mohawk, The Austin
- Pink Nasty n/a Emo’s Austin inside Advance
- Rosanne Cash 5:00pm Waterloo Records and Video Austin no cover
- Stabba 9:45pm Carousel Lounge Austin
- Vallejo 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club Austin $10 cover
- Kgsr Anniversary Concert Celebration at Texas Union Ballroom
- Edible Austin Presents: Fresh at Paramount Theater
- 1st Saturday on South 1st – Holiday Shopping at Amelia’s Retro-Vouge and Relics
- Home Slice Pizza’s 4th annual Carnival O’ Pizza at Home Slice Pizza
- The Downtown Austin Alliance and KUT 90.5 FM invite visitors to start their holidays downtown during the annual Holiday Sing-Along and Downtown Stroll at Congress Ave
- downSTAIRS Apparel’s Holiday Shake IT! DJ sets by Ursula 1000 (NYC/ESL MUSIC) & DJ ANGOLA (NYC/DECKSTATIC) at Social (former Whiskey Bar)
- AMOA Holiday Art Festival at Laguna Gloria
- Howl Pop Up Shop and Yard Sale at 603 Baylor Street
- Craft RIOT! A Handmade Revolution in Shopping
- Jane Monheit 6,7p&8:30One World Theatre Austin $20-$60 * Jane Monheit has established herself as one of the jazz world’s foremost vocalists
- Sunday the 6th at 5 bring some canned goods and join the bicycle scavenger hunt complete with free beer! $5 to truly participae, that is, if your name gets drawn..
- Soulhat 1:00pm Antone’s Night Club Austin $30 cover
- Topaz & Mudphonis 1:00pm Antone’s Night Club Austin $30 cover
- Warren Hood and the Hoodlums 9:00pm Momo’s Club Austin $7 cover %
- BARONESS n/a Emo’s Austin * Advance Tickets:
- Stand Up Comedy Disasters at Alamo Drafthouse Downtown
- Music and a Movie: Gone With the Wind at Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek
- Dobie Theatre Movie Poster Sale at Dobie Theatre
- AMOA Holiday Art Festival at Laguna Gloria