And we’re back folks. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks but hoping this PT is now fully back on the tracks. Johnny Cash tribute action, free food and drinks, guy forsyth, tegan and sara, terri hendrix, patrice pike, mickey and the motorcars and the generally tricky weather should keep you on your toes this weekend. Before we get into the nitty gritty, here’s some entertainment:
- Browser based to do app, cleverly called TeuxDeux
- Kind of like people of walmart… except like on regular streets n stuff: Poorly Dressed dot Com
- Letters from a jerk. This guy takes it too far… and its hilarious: Craigslist is amazing
- Live Avatar Role Playing. Paint yourself, frolic around the woods. Because thats normal: LARP
- I wish I played… but even if i dont have the musical stylings, I can at least admire these geetars.
- You’ve seen Selleck Waterfall Sandwich? Try this! Hint: It involves Bea Arthur
So now that we’re back, recommence sending me amazingness and I’ll make sure to get it in here. Twitter is @AusPartyTrain and I’m rebuilding the PT list since I can’t find the original.
Yours in being tricked by the weather,
Free and Cheap:
- Walgreens Photo offers a Free 8×10 Photo Print when you enter code FREEPHOTO at checkout
- Artscow has a sale on their photo playing cards. Apply coupon code PLAY299CARDS and receive qualified cards for $3 with free shipping.
- Tanga has Muscle & Fitness Magazine 1 year Subscription for $3 with coupon code muscle.
- Fashion bug: coupon code: 776323107, Exp: 03/07/10 – $10 of $25
- 20% off your purchase on myFICO.com: FICOFRIENDS. Coupon valid from 2/14 to 3/18.
- Chick-Fil-A March Mania (Buy1MealGet1Free): Every Friday of the month, any purchases on that day can be redeemed for a free order (like the one you bought) any day of the month.
- Sign up for the Denny’s Rewards program online and you’ll receive a coupon good for a free burger and fries good March 1 through March 7.
- Austin Restaurant Week: Fixed price menus at some of the sexiest places in town
- Odd Duck Farm To Trailer: People are raving about their pork belly sliders
- La Boite Café: Apparently their almond croissant is delish
- Nau’s Enfield Drug: Burger time – seriously! Old fashioned soda fountain.
- M & W Fashions: Need a wig? This is your place
- Apothecary Coffee House & Wine Bar: Cute little place — its got wine and artisan sammys and some damn good mocha latte
- Juan Pelota: Bike coffee shop named one ball after lance. Not even joking
- Who does meat crawls? We do. In order from best to fourth best.
- 7-9 hit Parts and Labour for a fashion launch party complete with free Lonestar.
- Free food and drinks and (50) gift bags at The Ranch at 7, RSVP is a must.
- Opa is partnering with Do512 for some great specials, music, and what the hell? It’s a wine bar..
- Get to Eliza Page for champagne and appetizers from Cru, gorgeous cakes by Stardust Pastry, hair and make-up by Milk+Honey, and move on to both Studio563 and Estilo for Tito’s cocktails mixed up by Lucky13 with sounds even more pleasantly mixed by DJ Chicken George
- Matt Hires with Jason Castro and Caitlin Crosby at Stubb’s
- Weird City Theatre Company presents “Curse of The House of Usher,” inspired by the life and stories of Edgar Allan Poe at Dougherty Arts Center 1110 Barton Springs
- Astronautalis 9:00pm Red 7 $10/$12
- go to Mellow Johnny’s from 7-9 for free food and Gary Fisher!
- Band in Black (J.Cash Tribute Band) 8:00pm Emo’s
- Booker T. Jones 8:00pm Paramount Theatre $35-$50
- Cory Morrow 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club $15
- Greatest American Heros 9:00pm Carousel Lounge
- GRIMY STYLES 9pm door Flamingo Cantina $8
- Guy Forsyth 9:00pm Saxon Pub $12
- Helwa Belly Dance Troupe 7:00pm Ruta Maya Int’l Headquarters $5
- Johnny Cash Bash, 4th Annual 8:00pm Emo’s outside
- Lost River/Old River 9:00pm Parish
- MAVIS STAPLES 8:00pm Paramount Theatre $35-$50
- Mother Truckers 10:00pm Continental Club $10
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- Rankin Twins 8:00pm Antone’s Night Club $15
- SLEEP WHALE 9:00pm Parish
- Super Heavy Goatass Headhunters Club
- Tegan and Sara 8:00pm Frank Erwin Center
- Corto Maltese, Oh No Oh My, Watch Out For Rockets, Rhythmsektion Djs at The Ghost Room
- Aunt Rubie’s Jazz Babies Satellite Bistro & Bar
- AUSTIN COLLINS 10:00pm Parish $10
- Bob Schneider 9:00pm Antone’s Night Club $10
- Clouds are Ghosts aftershow Mohawk
- Dead Reckoning 12:30am Headhunters Club
- Death Kings 10:40pm Headhunters Club
- Dred Skott 10:00pm Ruta Maya Int’l Headquarters $7 Shorti’s Funk Fellowship Part III
- Fabulous Thunderbirds Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- Jitterbug Vipers 7:00pm Lambert’s Downtown no
- Major Major Major 10:00pm Ghost Room, 304 W. 4th St
- Marcia Ball 7:30pm Antone’s Night Club $10
- Miss Lauren Marie w/The Horton Bros 10:00pm Continental Club $13
- Patric Pike 10:00pm Saxon Pub $10
- Richie Havens 7p&9:30p One World Theatre $20-$60
- Ruby James 10:00pm Parish $10
- Shelley King 8:00pm Saxon Pub $10
- Terri Hendrix 8:00pm Bugle Boy La Grange $18
- WHITE WHITE LIGHTS Emo’s
- Rebelution with Soja and Zion I at Stubb’s
- Austin Collins 12:00pm Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- Authors 9:00pm Parish $8
- Groovaloo 7:00pm Long Center PAC $23-$53 The 14-member cast, an eclectic group of the world’s most renowned freestyle and hip hop dancers
- Guy Forsyth Gruene Hall, Gruene New Braunfels
- One Hundred Flowers 9:00pm Parish $8
- Ray Benson 10:00pm Antone’s Night Club $$
- Willie Nelson Majestic Theatre San Antonio
- why don’t you go see a roller girl show? It’s been a while, and this is Austin!
- Free vodka cocktails and goodie bags after 6 at this!
- BettySoo 9:00pm Parish $10
- Clientele Mohawk
- Glen Collins, Song Swap 6:00pm Giddy Ups no % Mad Monday Song Swap
- Micky and the Motorcars 8:00pm Saxon Pub $5
- MilkdDrive 6:00pm Elephant Room no %
- Steve Ray Will 12:00am Saxon Pub $5 %
- Threads of Madness 9:00pm Parlor North Loop
- Trishas 10:30pm Continental Club $6 Dale Watson & his Lone Stars off tonight
- Vetiver Mohawk